Commercial Pilot Training -USA

The USA is the world’s leading destination for international students looking to undertake Commercial Pilot Training, with the country continuing to dominate the rankings thanks to its wide choice of exciting study and flight training options.

Each year, the number of Indian students participating in pilot training in America has steadily increased and the country has become the most preferred destination for obtaining your commercial pilot license. Living, studying and working in the US gives students the exposure and the confidence that very few other countries are able to offer. Living in the United States means you will be able to enjoy interacting and engaging with a huge and diverse population that is a mix of different cultures, nationalities and people.

Your time studying in the USA will not only give you access to some of the most professional and respected instructors but it is also incredibly cost-effective. Your pilot training courses will be taught by highly experienced and qualified instructors who will enhance your knowledge and skill

The weather in America also makes for ideal training conditions, with students able to enjoy sunny days and clear skies for much of the year. In some of the northern states, pilots in training can also take advantage of the cooler seasons to get practical experience flying in cloud in IMC conditions.

During this part of the course; the student instructors will be able to refresh and advance their technical knowledge with the principles of basic instruction and applying them to both PPL and advanced CPL levels. The combination of world-leading infrastructure and near-perfect weather, flying schools in the USA are able to offer course completion within 6 to 8 months.

The US has excellent Training Schools and Facilities. Also many UK Based Pilot Training Schools have set up schools in the USA for Europeans to be able to acquire the JAA Pilot Licences while training in the USA

Flight Instructor Training - USA

A person who holds a flight instructor certificate (called a "certificated flight instructor" or CFI) is authorized to give training and endorsements required for and relating to:

  • a student, private, commercial or other pilot certificate;
  • the three hours of training with reference only to instruments in preparation for a private pilot certificate, note that this does not need to be a CFII.
  • an instrument rating, only if the CFI has an instrument instructor rating (CFII); This cannot be given by a "safety pilot". A safety pilot can only be used to help maintain instrument proficiency with an instrument-rated pilot by flying the required six instrument approaches-holding-intercepting and tracking courses, within the preceding six calendar months.
  • a flight instructor certificate is only given if the experience requirements have been met (detailed below);
  • a flight review, endorsement (previously called BFR) (currently referred to as flight review see 14 CFR part 61.56), or recency of experience requirement;
  • preparation for a practical test (typically three hours within the preceding 60 days in preparation for a certificate or rating); or
  • endorsement for a knowledge test (written examination)

Certain limitations are placed on the instruction a flight instructor may give. For example, flight instructors wishing to train applicants for a flight instructor certificate must have held their own flight instructor certificate for at least 24 months and must have given at least 200 hours of instruction (and approved by the local FSDO). Specific training programs have additional requirements or limitations.

Certified Flight Instructor

This course is designed to take commercial pilots through the professional flight instructor course with a job placement opportunity with our school. The ground training consists of classroom lectures, briefings and home study.

During this part of the course the student instructors will refresh and bring up to date their technical knowledge and be taught the principles of basic instruction and how to apply them at both the PPL and advanced CPL levels.

The student will practice the planning of ground lessons and present briefings and will learn to fly and tech from the right seat of the aircraft. Upon successful completion all eligible candidates will have the opportunity to interview for employment with our flight department as a flight instructor.

Course Requirements

  • Commercial pilot certificate.
  • 3rd class medical.
  • FIA/FOI practical test.
  • 15 hours of total flight that includes:
  • 15 hours of one on one single engine flight instruction from an FAA certified flight instructor
  • 40 hours of ground instruction from an FAA certified instructor.

Certified Instrument Instructor (CFII)

The Instrument Instructor as the name implies will allow you to teach instrument students. The CFI-I course is a short course especially if you are already a CFI. You will learn how to teach basic instrument flying, that is how to control the airplane solely by reference to the instruments.

You will understand what instruments are primary and which are secondary for the task you are doing. For the student, it is very much like starting to learn to fly all over again. You will learn to teach straight and level, turns, climbs, and descents, and flight at various airspeeds, just like lesson one and two in the private pilot syllabus.

Once you master these tasks, you go on to teaching navigation, instrument approaches and landings from the approach. Your flying skills are judged as well as your teaching skills, so our course will ensure proficiency in both areas.

Course Requirements

  • CFI Certificate.
  • 3rd class medical.
  • 15 hours of total flight that includes:
  • 15 hours of one on one single engine flight instruction from an FAA certified flight instructor
  • 40 hours of ground instruction from an FAA certified instructor.

Certified Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI)

This course will provide you with 10 hrs for flight training with one of our experienced flight instructors.

Course Requirements

  • Current FAA Medical Certificate
  • Commercial Certificate with Multi-Engine Privileges
  • Current CFI Certificate
  • 15 Hours of Multi-Engine PIC Time
  • 10 hours of total flight that includes:
  • 10 hours of multi engine training from an FAA certified flight instructor.
  • 8 hours of ground instruction from an FAA certified instructor.