Canada is an excellent place to take your Pilot Training and learn how to fly!

Canada has a large and dynamic aviation industry. It needs to – the country is so large and so diversely populated, aviation has become a mainstay industry – from delivering food and providing communication links to remote arctic communities to flying company executives on a 6 hour domestic flight from Vancouver to Halifax. Canada has a storied history in aviation as well – having developed the DeHavilland Beaver and Otter Floatplanes, the Arrow Fighter Jet, and recently the immensely popular Bombardier CRJ Regional Jet line used worldwide by major and regional airlines.

Canada has excellent Training Schools and Facilities

Canadian Pilot Licences - respected and validated around the world as ICAO Pilot Licences. There are Canadian pilots flying professionally for airlines, military, UN Relief, Helicopter Contracts etc. For example.......UN Relief Flights in Africa, Cathay Pacific Airways & DragonAir of Hong Kong, Qatar Airways, Emirates airline of Dubai, Singapore Airlines, Japan Air Systems, and much more.

Optimum Weather in Canada – the diverse weather in Canada allows for many sunny days to get your initial Pilot Licences completed under daylight, visual conditions. Later on in your training, while undergoing the more advanced Instrument Flight Training, Canada can have many cloudy, poor visibility days enabling you to get real-time, practical IFR Instrument Flying Experience during your training, including flights in rain, snow showers, and some icing conditions.

The low Canadian Dollar – Training in Canada is very cost effective - it is estimated to be 30-35% less than countries in Western Europe. This reduced cost in building hours and training can be a real advantage to Pilots from Europe.

  • The Canadian License is one of the world's most widely recognized
  • Canadian flight training standards among the highest worldwide
  • Experienced flight instructors with solid aviation background
  • High demand for various helicopter pilot positions throughout the country
  • Entry level flying positions
  • Post graduate work permits available, must apply
  • Competitive all inclusive flight training rates
  • Challenging weather, fall and winter operations prepare students for all different work environments

Student must hold a Canadian Aviation Category 1 Medical to pursue a Commercial Licence. Student can obtain the Canadian medical upon their arrival in Canada or have the medical done by an approved Transport Canada Civil Aviation medical Examiner in India prior to arrival. It is recommended this be done no later than 1 month prior to the students intended departure for Canada. A list of the approved doctors in India can be obtained on Transport Canada” website in the Civil Aviation information section.

Flight Instructor Training - CANADA

In Canada, the holder of a commercial pilot licence or airline transport pilot licence may have their licence endorsed with a flight instructor rating - aeroplane. Initially, the pilot is endorsed as a "Class 4" flight instructor. This allows the pilot to deliver flight training towards the issuance of a recreational pilot permit, private pilot licence, commercial pilot licence, night rating, and VFR over-the-top rating. The "Class 4" flight instructor may only conduct training while under the supervision of a "Class 2" or "Class 1" flight instructor.

After satisfying certain requirements (satisfactory flight test records, experience requirements, written exams, and flight tests), an instructor can upgrade their rating to a Class 3, Class 2, and Class 1 instructor rating. The Class 3 flight instructor does not require the supervision of a Class 2 or Class 1 flight instructor. The Class 2 flight instructor may supervise Class 4 flight instructors and act as the chief flight instructor (CFI) of a flight training unit. The Class 1 flight instructor may give ground school and flight training towards the endorsement of a flight instructor rating.

In order to give instruction towards the instrument rating, multi rating, type ratings, and class conversions (for example, land plane to sea plane), an instructor rating is not necessarily required. The requirements may be limited to holding a commercial or airline transport license and having met certain experience levels (such as time on type and in class). In the case of an instrument rating, the holder of a flight instructor rating can teach it even if they do not have the experience level required for non-flight instructors. Details are contained in the Canadian Aviation Regulations, parts 401 and 421.